At the start of each month I do a monthly bucket list in the hopes that it keeps me accountable, and also makes sure I don’t overwhelm myself with too much. It’s been a huge help since I started it and although I never publish it bang on the first of the month, I’m pleased with how much I manage to get done!
First off, let’s see how we did with last month’s bucket list:
- Get back into our usual routine… it’s not been as smooth a transition back into the school routine this term, so I’m hoping some tweaks to our routines will help. Namely get us all (basically me) to bed at a decent time… especially since Max wakes with the birdsong. You can imagine how that goes on the run up to the longest day of the year. – Ahahahaha…. yeah, not working. Truth be told Max is finding these last few weeks of this term quite difficult, so basically I’m doing what I can to ease that for him, meaning I need more time for me in the evenings once he’s asleep.
- Go out exploring a bit further afield with our new car, take picnics (and my camera), enjoy the beauty and sights of Scotland. – we’ve definitely been getting out more, but not so much taking the camera with me… must be a better blogger and remember the camera!!
- Keep on keeping on – so far I’ve managed to not let the place get into such a state which is good. So basically keep fighting the fires and doing the laundry. Done! Even when the house is a state it doesn’t take long to clear up, so YAY me!
- Declutter The Cupboard in my bedroom. The place where things that don’t have a home go to die. It also houses our boiler. So yeah… it’s time to sort it out properly and get some decent organisation into that area for storage. Nope, but it’s getting done soon. Probably this weekend.
- Purchase and build some new storage options from Ikea… I went there for the first time in probably 15 years last week and it was GLORIOUS! Definitely not going to be leaving it anywhere near as long ever again! DONE! And I built it all myself! *flips hair* I’m already planning my next purchase…
- Write more regularly – lets at least get back to once a week and get ahead of the content creation curve again so I’m not writing madly at the last minute eh? AHAHAHAHAHA… yeah that’s not worked out so well. *sigh*
- Youtube or Facebook Lives… one of them will be starting soon… this month. I’m not entirely sure which yet, but I am starting this month! So a lil question: what would you like to hear from me video content wise? Hit me up in the comments? Sort of? I did a facebook live a couple of weeks ago so go me? I haven’t done another since though… must get on this!
- GDPR compliance. My girl Aleena is helping me with this to make sure it’s all done properly, so this will be done. DONE, and Aleena did the best job! I’m now completely GDPR compliant and I didn’t need to do anything!
- Get my butt in gear and stop faffing about doing nothing (read: obsessively gaming)… it’s fun over the holidays but I need more focus and I know gaming is my downfall for this. Done – the gaming has gone back in the closet for now, so to speak. I love it but I only have so much time to dedicate to something, and I’d rather it was the blog.
- At the same time, don’t obsess about spending all my time being productive either. Ohhh the fine line of the balancing act eh? I’m gonna call this one a win – I’ve been resting when needed (like now when I have a poorly Max who doesn’t sleep), and not getting caught up in FOMO quite the same.
- Sleep schedule… sort it out! I’m a night owl by nature and that tends to be exacerbated by the light nights. Trying to make sure I don’t sleep in too late at the weekends… oh there was a time I never thought I’d say those words ever again! That me would probably shoot this me. 😉 Getting there… I’m definitely not staying up too late now (note: for me this means in bed by midnight, or before 1.30am at the weekend), but I’ve realised I *need* the extra sleep at the weekends to keep going, so that’s what’s happening.
Now for June’s Bucket List!
- Get through the next few weeks of school… Max is finding the last few weeks difficult, so basically, batten down the hatches, hunker down, and endure. Two weeks on Thursday till the summer holidays begin. EEK!
- Make sure we spend time together in nature… time to venture further afield for dog walks I think! Complete with my camera with me of course.
- Clear out the boiler cupboard in my bedroom. We’re getting a new one at some point so it needs to be done.
- Re-organise the bookcases in our back room… everything is precariously balanced these days… it needs sorted!
- Keep on keeping on… I’m feeling on top of everything all in all, so something’s working!
- Regular posting. Once a week… one day I’ll have everything together… *cackles*
- Facebook lives – keep going! I love doing them!
- I also want to start adding in oracle readings to my facebook page. I love doing them and have been wanting to bring this aspect of my life into the blog for a while now.
- make sure to stay in some semblance of a routine even once the summer holidays have begun. I know we all benefit from it, so needs must!
- remember to take care of myself… fibro has been kicking my butt the last month or so, and I need to get it under control again!
- Actually make use of my friends’ offers over the hols to have the boys for a few hours if I need a break. ❤️
So I think that’s us done for the month… fingers crossed I can tick most of these off by the next monthly bucket list, but hey, even if I don’t, having the intention is half the battle, right?