Practicing gratitude is such an important facet of my life. Sometimes my friends giggle at how easily pleased I am – I’m the person who gets stupidly happy when there are no cars on the road by my house so I can pull away easily during the school run! I always looking for the lesson in difficult situations – where’s the silver lining? You can always find one if you look hard enough, and it can help you get through the hard times when they come.
With that in mind, here are some reasons to be cheerful from this week!
It’s been a pretty good week here in the SoftThistle household, so here’s a wee list of why:
- Halloween went well and we ended up in the paper with some friends!
- Max said something new on Wednesday that nearly made me cry: “Mummy, I love you so much and you’re my best friend!” I had to bite the side of my cheek to stop myself crying!
- Got a cordless Dyson – OH MY GOD this thing is amazing and has given my cleaning regime (HA, like I have one of those!) a new lease of life. Or, well… basically my house is actually CLEAN.
- I’ve been getting back into the swing of things with blogging which feels awesome.
- I finished my first assignment for Open University with a week to spare – go me!
- And it’s Friday now which means hangs with one of my besties after our boys go to their ukulele lesson, followed by the Friday Night FaceTime with my girl JenJen for our usual catch up after Max is in bed.
So YAY for this week! It’s been awesome so far and I know this weekend will be great too.