At the start of each month I do a monthly bucket list in the hopes that it keeps me accountable, and also makes sure I don’t overwhelm myself with too much. It’s been a huge help since I started it and although I never publish it bang on the first of the month, I’m pleased with how much I manage to get done!
First off, let’s see how we did with last month’s bucket list:
- Have FUN. It’s the Easter holidays after all, and it’ll include our first ever trip away for a wee holiday at the seaside! We had a blast on our holiday… I can’t stop smiling whenever I think about it! <3
- Take photos of us all together. Especially now I have a dslr again to do so… I’ve missed having a decent camera. Check!
- Again, keep on top of things. Don’t let the place turn into a scene from Jumanji. Done!
- Just sort out the bloody boys’ room already, for the love of god woman!!! *headdesk* I ACTUALLY FINALLY DID THIS!!! Only took about 6 months of putting it on my list before it finally got done, ahem! *does a happy dance*
- Keep on keeping on. One post a week over the holidays is plenty. Know that your stats won’t be great and don’t give a damn. Erm, yeah… that’s not worked out so well – once every couple of weeks is better than none though right? I have managed to not really bother about stats though, so I guess this is a win win?
- Mini photoshoots for the blog – especially of posing-extraordinaire Max! Not as much as I’d like, but then I did get some fab photos while we were away so I’m calling this a win!
- Just keep doing me. No stress, no worrying that I’m not doing enough, being enough, working hard enough etc. Enjoy the life I have and the slower pace of the holidays (but get that damn room sorted for goodness sakes!). Done! I had some proper Time Off all things blogging related and loved our little bubble. It did make it harder to get back into it though… still, yay for holidays and family time!
Now for May’s Bucket List!
- Get back into our usual routine… it’s not been as smooth a transition back into the school routine this term, so I’m hoping some tweaks to our routines will help. Namely get us all (basically me) to bed at a decent time… especially since Max wakes with the birdsong. You can imagine how that goes on the run up to the longest day of the year.
- Go out exploring a bit further afield with our new car, take picnics (and my camera), enjoy the beauty and sights of Scotland.
- Keep on keeping on – so far I’ve managed to not let the place get into such a state which is good. So basically keep fighting the fires and doing the laundry.
- Declutter The Cupboard in my bedroom. The place where things that don’t have a home go to die. It also houses our boiler. So yeah… it’s time to sort it out properly and get some decent organisation into that area for storage.
- Purchase and build some new storage options from Ikea… I went there for the first time in probably 15 years last week and it was GLORIOUS! Definitely not going to be leaving it anywhere near as long ever again!
- Write more regularly – lets at least get back to once a week and get ahead of the content creation curve again so I’m not writing madly at the last minute eh?
- Youtube or Facebook Lives… one of them will be starting soon… this month. I’m not entirely sure which yet, but I am starting this month! So a lil question: what would you like to hear from me video content wise? Hit me up in the comments?
- GDPR compliance. My girl Aleena is helping me with this to make sure it’s all done properly, so this will be done.
- Get my butt in gear and stop faffing about doing nothing (read: obsessively gaming)… it’s fun over the holidays but I need more focus and I know gaming is my downfall for this.
- At the same time, don’t obsess about spending all my time being productive either. Ohhh the fine line of the balancing act eh?
- Sleep schedule… sort it out! I’m a night owl by nature and that tends to be exacerbated by the light nights. Trying to make sure I don’t sleep in too late at the weekends… oh there was a time I never thought I’d say those words ever again! That me would probably shoot this me. 😉
And I think that’ll do for this month! We’re already half way through so it’s a fair amount to get done in just 2-3 weeks, so we’ll see what happens. I think the one thing least likely to happen in that time frame is another trip to Ikea, but other than that everything should be manageable!