At the start of each month I do a monthly bucket list in the hopes that it keeps me accountable, and also makes sure I don’t overwhelm myself with too much. It’s been a huge help since I started it and although I never publish it bang on the first of the month, I’m pleased with how much I manage to get done!
First off, let’s see how we did with last month’s bucket list:
Well big whoopsie – I totally forgot to write one for March… bad blogger! Honestly though I’m not really too bothered about that. Life happens, and so we go with it. You’d think that having had two months to do these items would mean it was a definite completion? Ahahahahaha. Nope. Not even close! Anywayyy… here we go.
- I definitely want to make the most of the fact that I can still make the boys go outside at the moment – family walks WILL happen every weekend this month. – did you SEE the snow we’ve had? Ugh. Nope nope nope!
- I want to make sure I spend some proper time with Zack each week just the two of us. Once Max goes to bed I’m going to start making us a wee hot chocolate to have and enjoy some time with my big dude, whether it’s chatter and bants, or playing something together on the Switch. He’s been such an amazing help in the last month with Max’s sleep issues and me being unwell, and he’s out so much with pals these days… it’s just something I want to make a priority. – This has been happening more often than not, but probably not as much as I’d have liked. The thing is, when you have a 12 year old (nearly 13, good god how did this happen?!), they want to hang out with their pals and do Other Things, so it’s a case of take it when you can get it!
- Erm… basically don’t let the place go to shit. Keep on top of housework, make sure to utilise my time properly by doing things like cleaning the bathroom while Max has his bath, and remembering one of my mum’s favourite phrases: “don’t put it down, put it away!” – the place did not go to shit, so I’m gonna count this one as a WIN! Go me! *pats self on back*
- I know I should probably put down declutter the boys’ toys again… so here it is. Might actually have the chance to get this done over February break as I can get Zack to help with moving things from their room to my car boot. So yeah… this is totally getting done this month. *cough* – maybe if I stop putting this on the list I’ll get it done? *eyeroll*
- Stop stressing about what I “should” be doing with the blog, and remember that I don’t have to be fearless and forward thinking every minute I focus on my blog. I can actually sit back and *enjoy* it without worrying about the future. No more striving! – this one is a big fat YES! I’ve stopped trying to do things the way everyone else does, and have been enjoying it so much more! I even had two paid posts done this month which is the first time in *years* so YAY for going my own way. <3
- Sleep properly. As in, go to bed by 10-11pm every night. EVERY NIGHT. And be up and *dressed* by the same time in the mornings at the weekend. Cause otherwise it’s way too easy for me to lounge around in PJs ALL WEEKEND. And while that’s good if you’re not well etc, it means that I end up dozing on the sofa while Max watches yet another episode of The Amazing World of Gumball and then not being able to sleep for ages at night. – erm, this has been a hit and miss to be honest, and with the holidays upon us now I’m not feeling hugely confident that it’ll happen in April either. FAIL.
- Stop! Striving! I feel like, especially in the online world, we’re always striving to do more, and to be more… more current, more popular, have better stats, write better posts, write more, do more, be more… more more more. I know that if I’m thinking this way there will be a LOT of us in the same boat. So for February, while I know I have a lot on my plate with uni, I am not going to be striving to do ALL THE THINGS on the blog. That doesn’t necessarily mean I won’t blog, just that I’m done with putting pressure on myself regarding Goals and Processes and Achievements. It’s all TOO MUCH sometimes! – Definitely achieved this – and I’ve found that the less I stress about these things, the better my blog seems to be doing. Most importantly, it has a positive impact in how *I’m* doing. Helps that I’m no longer in uni though, not gonna lie!
Now for April’s Bucket List!
- Have FUN. It’s the Easter holidays after all, and it’ll include our first ever trip away for a wee holiday at the seaside!
- Take photos of us all together. Especially now I have a dslr again to do so… I’ve missed having a decent camera.
- Again, keep on top of things. Don’t let the place turn into a scene from Jumanji.
- Just sort out the bloody boys’ room already, for the love of god woman!!! *headdesk*
- Keep on keeping on. One post a week over the holidays is plenty. Know that your stats won’t be great and don’t give a damn.
- Mini photoshoots for the blog – especially of posing-extraordinaire Max!
- Just keep doing me. No stress, no worrying that I’m not doing enough, being enough, working hard enough etc. Enjoy the life I have and the slower pace of the holidays (but get that damn room sorted for goodness sakes!).
Well I guess that’s it for this month… I’ve made these super easy ones for April as it’s a holiday month for us. You probably won’t see me much on social media and such as I’m taking the time out to relax and spend it with my boys and our friends. I know myself well enough to realise that if I’m constantly on the go I end up having burn out issues, not to mention the fibro, so I make a point of taking time off regularly to stop that happening.
I hope you all have a wonderful April!